City University London will be offering some PhD positions with funding for exceptional students (see below). If there is an interest in applying to do PhD with me, please get in touch to discuss.
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
- An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2016/17)
- The full tuition fee for UK and EU students. This award is for 3 years subject to ongoing excellent performance by the student. Applications are welcome from overseas applicants but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
- Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
- Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City University London or any other academic institution.
How to Apply
Applications must consist of: a research degree application form , 3 page research proposal (the proposal must clearly identify the first (Category A) and second supervisor (Category A or B)), proof of academic qualifications, applicants CV, proof of English language proficiency (if the applicant’s first language is not English) and two confidential references (one of which must be an academic reference).
The above documents should be compiled into a single document and submitted to email@example.com (Naina and Nathalie) by the 26th May 2016.
A panel will be put in place to select the students immediately after May 26th. The panel will comprise the Dean, Associate Dean Research and a selection of staff (TBC) from across the School.